A tasty easy to make asparagus salad with roasted sweet potatoes and chicken. This can be served warm or cold. Make a little extra for a salad at lunch the next day. Add walnuts and cranberries for a little extra pop in taste and nutrition.
- 1-pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 1-2 diced up cups)
- the juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss together the sweet potatoes, onion, asparagus, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast 20–25 minutes or until tender. Stir or flip the veggies at about the 10 min. mark for even roasting.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook for 5–6 minutes per side or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Toss the sweet potato–onion mixture with a good squeeze of juice from 1/2 a lemon. Serve warm with chicken