Stock your fridge and Pantry full of these to create a Heart Healthy Nutrition Diet Plan.
- Organic fruits: Apples, Apricots, Beets, Carrots, Cherries, Dates, Figs, Grapefruit Lemons, Peaches, Pears, Plum & Rhubarb.
- Organic Vegetables: Beans, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Chard, Eggplant, Garlic, Kale, Lentils, Lettuces, Mixed field greens, Onions, Parsnips, Peppers, Red onion, Shallots, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes & Tomatoes.
- Herbs: Alfalfa sprouts, Basil, Cinnamon, Garlic, Ginger, Hawthorn, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Turmeric, Whole black peppercorns.
- Organic whole grain pita bread/ Nan
- Organic Vegetable based pastas
- Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed
- Almonds, Hazelnuts, Walnuts
- Organic grass-fed Chicken – Eggs – Beef – Salmon- Halibut
- Organic grass-fed cheeses, yogurt and Whole milk
- Red-wine vinegar/ apple cider vinegar
- Olive / Avocado Oil
Helpful Heart Supplements (Check with your health provider):
- Coenzyme Q10
- Vitamin E
- B Vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Fish Oil
- Evening Primrose Oil
- Milk thistle seed (to help the liver process fats and cholesterol)
- Folic Acid
- Hawthorn berry (to strengthen the heart and circulatory system)
Take off the list:
Processed foods that contain white flour and sugar: Breads, cereals, pastas, pastries, cookies, etc.
Foods that contain hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
Canned vegetables and processed fruit juices.
Fast food, especially fried foods.
Processed High-fat cheeses and cheese substitutes
Foods which say No Fat or Sugar Free
Foods that are made or contain words you cannot pronounce