9 Local Products You Can Use to Be Kinder To the Earth (Sustainable)
Founded in 1970 by activist groups, the 50th anniversary of Earth Day will be celebrated on April 22nd, 2020. Globally, this event raises awareness about the threats posed by climate change, awareness of the natural environment, and actions we can take to make a powerful impact.
There are so many ways you can show the Earth love, like picking up trash in the park, planting a tree, joining “Celebrate Earth Day Wherever You Are” a virtual event“, or making a switch towards sustainability with some of these eco-friendly products from your local farm or organic naturally sustainable businesses.
Natural Organic Love for Your Pup
1. Erica’s Healthy Pet Stinky Dog Spray from Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen
Your dog is the center of your world, and while no amount of mud-wrestling could make you love them less; there’s nothing exactly appealing about a stinky dog that wants to cuddle. Out of unconditional love for your best friend, give them something to bark about with this safe, deodorizing spritzer. We’re talking zero chemicals, stabilizers, or preservatives- so you can spray your pet’s coat or bedding with 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils, and do your part to give them a long, happy life.
Creamy and Pure Skin Care Products
2. Natural Traditions Face and Lip Scrub, facial toner, and body lotion hand-made in small batches using only all-natural and organic ingredients and 100% pure, unadulterated essential oils. My go-to favorite products. You will feel the love put into these products. You may be surprised by all the chemicals and additives that are in many of the lotions and skincare products. Natural Traditions understands that you want to provide the best for your skin and we provide the best skin care products. Natural Traditions, based in Georgetown, TX, was established in 2015 by Certified Natural Health Professional (CNHP) DeAnna Minneman.
All Your Proteins and More
3. Buy Raw Milk Cheese In Bulk And Shred Later from The Mercantile at Dyer Dairy
Here’s an excellent option for those seeking a more sustainable way to pick up produce. Local mercantiles like The Mercantile at Dyer Dairy are excellent places to stock up on milk, cheese, and meats in bulk, straight from farm-to-table, and without reusable bags. It couldn’t be clearer that most store-bought produce is filled with GMOs, MSG, and every other nasty acronym to describe the stuff you don’t want in your diet. You won’t find any of that at your local mercantile, and you’ll be supporting small businesses too.
Yep Ceder Fever is On Its Way – Get Started Early Boosting Your Immunity
4. Cedar Fever Extract from Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen
When it comes to the flu, the best line of defense is tackling the virus the moment its symptoms appear. It’s no secret these medications come with a heavy slew of unpredictable side effects; so if you knew there was an herbal tincture that can help you beat the flu before it starts, why wouldn’t you try? By slowly introducing the Cedar Fever Extract to the system before allergy or flu season kicks in, users prepare their bodies for pollen attacks and support their immune systems with the tincture’s added essentials of Cedar, Lavender, Mullein, Reishi Mushroom, and Elderberry.
From The Kitchen and The Heart
5. Avocado Basil Shampoo Bar from Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen. A soap bottle’s ingredients section can be a scary place. A good rule of thumb has always been to choose products with easy-to-pronounce ingredients, which is one of the reasons why Red Bird Natural Soaps created its line to be transparent about theirs. All bars are free of parabens, artificial fragrances, synthetics, or harsh chemicals, and are just as much a treat for your skin as they are your mane. This shampoo bar is made of avocado, apple cider vinegar, and more ingredients you can easily pronounce.
6. Baby Wipe Concentrate from Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen. Disinfectant wipes have created a big waste problem, which is ironic considering their purpose is to clean up a mess. The scary truth is that the majority of these household products are major health hazards. It’s easy and affordable to make your own cleaning concentrate without the fragrances or irritants that you want to protect your family from. With a composition of castile soap, aloe vera, witch hazel, lavender, and more- this concentrate is easy on the skin and worry-free. Simply buy by the bottle, let soak into a rag, and you’re on your way to a cleaner, safer home.
7. Natural Laundry Detergent from Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen. There is a simple and sustainable product for everything at Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen. One of those household staples- laundry detergent- can be purchased as part of their House Cleaning Kit, which also comes with dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, and a foaming soap kit- all in refillable bottles. This detergent is soft on sensitive skin, has impressive cleaning power, and won’t cost you an arm or a leg either. Buyers have the choice of unscented or lavender eucalyptus.
Take a Walk Down the Farming side, Farmers Markets and Local Farms Have the Best in Central Texas
8. Free Range Eggs From Your Local Farm. All it takes is a little search to discover local farms offering free-range eggs and hormone-free poultry nearby. A better quality of life for the hens means higher quality eggs that are rich in omega-3, and free of hormones or pesticides in return. Free-range eggs contain two times the amount of Vitamin A and E than store-bought or cage-free eggs, and because free-range hens are fed alkaline-rich diets, their eggs are even considered cancer-fighting agents.
Hot or Cold, Rich n Tasty
9. Loose Leaf Teas Like “Gunpowder Green Tea” and “Bless Your Heart” Organic Tea Blend are just a sampling of SHK’s selection of dried loose leaf teas. As rich in taste as they are clean and unprocessed. Popular loose leaf’s like the Gunpowder Green Tea, which is high in antioxidants, and the Bless Your Heart Organic Tea can be purchased in bulk and added to your favorite tea blends and remedies for your own unique flavor. These teas are so bold they can be re-steeped and enjoyed all afternoon, and when finished, tea leaves are just as easily compostable.
Not finding what you like?
Head on over to Earth Hero to discover more of the products at the forefront of the eco-friendly product revolution. Your purchases don’t only support healthy living for loved ones and yourself; they also protect the environment so that people can go outside and celebrate Earth Day for generations to come.