July is National Raspberry Month and we’re getting deep in the bushes to learn
all about these magnificent berries
Whether you’re blowing on your child’s tummy for a good laugh or shoveling handfuls of these berries in your mouth, raspberries are to be celebrated!
Celebrate with a history lesson…
Did you know that raspberries have been admired for centuries? Archaeological evidence shows that cave dwellers enjoyed these delectable fruits in the 4th century. Please, read more about the history of raspberries.
…or a sweet, nutritional treat!
Enjoy these benefits below of raspberries by the handful raw, spread as a jam, or swirled in a smoothie.
- Low-calorie (around 64 calories in 1 cup)
- High in fiber (around 8 grams in 1 cup)
- Packed with essential vitamins
- Vitamin C, Manganese, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, B vitamins, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, potassium, and copper
- Help lower risk of disease in obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer
Locally, enjoy the Berry Blast smoothie at Hydrate which is located in Georgetown, TX.