“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
Ditch Google Maps and the GPS on November 6th for National ‘Marooned Without a Compass’ Day.’ Let your creative juices flow as you explore how early settlers navigated their way to oceans and far lands. This day is a gentle reminder of how to get around without modern-day technology. You will need to use your inner guide for a sense of direction…or lack thereof.
Just FYI…. when first receiving this blogging assignment , I scratched my head at the word ‘maroon.’ So, I’m going to let you in on a little insider secret: I googled it.
past tense: marooned; past participle: marooned
- leave (someone) trapped and isolated in an inaccessible place, especially an island.
This means that it’s you, your compass, and that lonely island if you choose to partake. However, you don’t have to be so extreme. Get creative by whipping up a batch of imagination. You can create a world of your own by thinking what it would be like if you lost yourself on a desert island, were in a survivors’ movie or being punished, unruly pirate. Let your mind roam and set your inner child free!
Embracing your imagination needs not to be so extreme, but it’s almost always beneficial:
- Improves problem-solving skills by looking at things from a new perspective
- Places you in “other people’s shoes” for a boost of your social skills, like empathy and agility to complicated interactions
- Ignite your passion while dreaming of your next big dream
- Conserves memory according to recent neurological studies by creating more neurons in your noggin
- Self-confidence boost as you allow yourself to appreciate your instincts and newly developed skills
- Provide a higher level of curiosity and demand for a better reality once your mind starts to wonder of new possibilities
Start by imagining how your life would be without a compass on the National Marooned without a Compass Day during your coffee break or in-between yoga sessions. You can take things as fast or as slow as you may need.
Check out these local, creative solutions to help spark up your imagination juices:
- Sip n’ Stain – drink some wine and get to painting
- Music Arts – try a new instrument
- Williamson Museum – bring a pencil and get to drawing
- Creative Playscape – not just for kids!
- Inner Space Cavern – explore like the ‘good old days’
Have some fun and go be MAROONED !