Did you know your skin and hair care products could be causing
long-term health effects?
The majority of store-bought beauty products are packed with chemicals that could be affecting your hormones. These products are designed to be easily absorbed through the pores of your skin. The government health agencies have minimal oversite as to health studies when these chemicals are blended together and most of them are not safe for use.
Two major concerns to look for are:
Parabens – found in 34% of products, these are known as endocrine disruptors. Also known as estrogen mimickers, depending on when a person begins using skincare products, hormones may be affected from puberty to menopause. Studies have begun to show, long-term negative effects of these estrogen mimickers. Encouraging an increase in the expression of genes that have been shown to cause human breast tumor cells to grow.
Added Fragrances – acetaldehyde, benzophenone, styrene, and titanium dioxide. Used as a catch term that hides the use of such chemicals that are known to be carcinogens.
When looking for skin and hair care products, follow the same rules that you follow for a healthy diet
Hunt for unprocessed ingredients, without any harsh chemicals or anything artificial!
Basically, the closer to nature the more natural the product is. Your skin will know what to do with its beneficial ingredients in order to improve your health or your skin tone and hair follicles.
Top 5 natural products to look for in your skincare program:
- Coconut Oil – contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and helps to support your immune system
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Helps to clean and clear bacteria from the skin.
- Raw Natural Unprocessed Honey – an antimicrobial that is good for healing burns, diaper rash, and psoriasis. Makes a wonderful homemade skincare product
- Sea Salt- Celtic Sea salt combined with raw honey makes a wonderful scrub. You can add lavender essential oil for a boost.
- Argon Oil – rich in vitamin A and E. Great for skin moisturizer and will boost the shine in your hair.
We reached out to a few of the local skincare artisans and asked them to share with our readers a little about their product lines and
what makes them unique.
Miss De Anna,
What is important about natural skincare, and what makes Natural Traditions Unique?
The most important thing about natural skin care products is that they don’t contain chemical ingredients or parabens. to be honest, most of the skincare products out there with all the chemicals don’t work. Natural Traditions wants to get chemicals out of people’s lives and our products do just that. We use Organic/Therapeutic Grade Essential oils in all of our products. We let nature do the work as it was intended to do to improve the health of the skin and our moods. Our customers have reported seeing almost immediate results from our products.
Tell our readers about a few of your favorite products
Our skincare line is amazing and works best when used together because of the essential oils in all of the products.
- The face wash leaves your skin squeaky clean, but not dry.
- The scrub is gentle and moisturizing while cleansing the skin.
- Our toner helps to rehydrate if needed after cleansing and is great for setting mineral make-up or rehydrating the skin during the day.
- Our amazing serum is a fountain of youth in a bottle! It moisturizes, evens out skin tone, reduces fine lines/wrinkles and softens the deeper wrinkles, works on dark circles under the eyes, and gives a natural glow.
- Our pain cream is amazing and works on sore muscles, joints, bruising, arthritis, and pretty much any kind of aches/pains or inflammation. Every essential oil in the pain cream has the properties of an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-spasmodic.
There is something very special behind the creation of your products?
I am an Ayurvedic Practioner. My practice, Herban Veda, is located in Georgetown, Texas. As part of my services, I created and use daily a small but essential line of Ayurvedic wellness products.
Ayurveda is the oldest continually practiced medical science that originated in India over 5,000 years ago. Focused on treating the person as a whole (body, mind, and spirit) and not just their symptoms.
The products created by Herban Veda focus on giving the body a grounding chord for stability and homeostasis. With herbs that are homegrown and wildcrafted, everything from this apothecary is tended with the deepest intentions and all organic. The products are formulated from ancient traditions with a modern twist to serve us in the current times of the world we live in.
Our Apothecary of care products include:
- Sadhana – Intentional Practice
- Dinacharya – Daily Routine
Amanda, the owner, and haircare specialist of Jonah Salon & Co. shares her favorite product line of choice, Hairstory.
Created from natural products that support healthy clean hair.
A revolutionary hair cleanser filled with essential oils provides hydration to the hair and scalp. Our hair cleansers are designed for your unique hair type. – specialty products support curly hair, fine hair, dry hair, oily hair color-treated hair, or anything in between. Each creamy hair wash is designed to let the hair fall the way it’s naturally meant to – with its texture enhanced and shine showing through.
Jonah Salon & Co. will be adding to their hair care line, an all-organic product that includes color and focuses on issues like hair loss, oily scalps, and very dry scalps. Simply Organic Beauty focuses on specific hair and scalp problems. Produced by OWAY haircare products, these professional organic hair care products are artfully formulated with biodynamic botanicals, organic ingredients, and pure essential oils. All products are certified cruelty-free and are free from common toxic ingredients.
“Life isn’t always really glamorous and fabulous. It’s about encouraging people to go back to natural Beauty” – Zoe Foster Blake
At Wilco Wellness, we believe that health is a state of physical, mental, and social well-being. It infuses positive energy into the body, mind, and spirit. The best journey is living to support a complete state of harmony.
If you would like to explore products in the Williamson County area check out our Skincare Directory listing
For a little more inspiration: Tips to Avoiding Dry Skin During the Winter