Holy, Shiitake Mushrooms! Health Benefits of this Fungi
Shiitake mushrooms are a famous mushroom worldwide
Toss together about a pound of broccoli florets, noodles, butter, and 8 ounces of shiitake mushrooms in the skillet. Spice it up with some lemon zest, sesame seeds, and kosher salt to celebrate shiitake mushrooms this month.
known for their savory and rich taste, plus added health benefits. Many studies have shown these mushrooms help fight cancer, boost immunity, and support the heart. They’re also low in calories and high in other vital vitamins and minerals.
8 Fabulous health benefits:
- Fight Obesity
- Support immune function
- Destroy cancer cells
- Support cardiovascular health
- Provide Vitamin D
- Boost energy and bran function
- Promote skin health
- Contain antimicrobial properties
These wonderful mushrooms have a woodsy flavor, meaty texture and make a great vegan substitute in most recipes. They can be stuffed, cooked on the grill, in soups or eaten as a snack in the raw with hummus or a light dipping sauce. Enjoy these Shiitake Mushroom Recipes below….
- Fresh Foodie cooks up Noodles, Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Mom 101 has a Sesame Asparagus that will have you busting out the wok!
- Get Glazed and Confused with this Bon Appetit recipes
- Mountain Rose Herbs goes simple with this organic ginger broth recipe