Make It A Family Day
Quality Time is at the Top of our List this Month
American Family Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of August. In this blog, we share ideas to help build connections, maintain relationships and have a bit of fun!
Get-togethers are an excellent way to catch up and strengthen family relationships while stockpiling memories for years to come. The connection between loved ones helps maintain relationships. Every member needs special nurturing and attention to grow into their best self.
One of the best gifts we can give to our family and friends is time together
Creating family activities and locating places that are open near you can sometimes be difficult, so we did the research for you. Take a look at this summer-sweet list of our favorites:
- Pop-up Park Potluck. Tell Grandma Cathy to get her twice-baked mashed potatoes ready for a potluck at a favorite local County Park. Connect over old family recipes and fun around the park.
- Matching T-Shirts for Family Olympics. Do you remember that episode on Full House where Danny Tanner makes matching T-shirts for the whole gang? Uncle Jesse was not pleased. However, it might be time to “dad-up” and divide teams up (by families per different colored shirt) and host your annual family Olympics at a local park.
- Get-along Partner. Nothing says “get-along” like going horseback riding! Stables in the area will help you rent a horse and head out for an unforgettable experience. Yee-Haw! Beat the heat and start early!
- Take a hike! Ah! Fresh air and new beginnings will strengthen family bonds as you hike at one of the many Wilco Trails. Attempt to go in the early morning or late in the evening to beat the heat. Also, don’t forget to hydrate! Peek at a previous blog: Looking for a Walking Path in Williamson County, TX
- Fashion Forward. Georgetown, TX, is full of fun and quirky shops. Pack the family up, set a limit, and giggle over all the treasures to be found. There’s something for everyone!
- Shopping Center. Keeping up with the Kardashians? Shop ’til you drop in Downtown Georgetown. Highly recommend popping into To Have and to Hold for some Southern-glam finds! Also, Red Bird Mercantile for sustainable treasures.
- Sunday Brunch for the crew. Make reservations to try Texas Steak Eggs Benedict or the Chef’s Pancake of the Day at one of our favorites in Georgetown or Cedar Park. Blue Corn Harvest offers farm-to-table meals, which means most of their foods found local for you to enjoy.
- Have a movie night. Consider showing one of your favorite movies when you were a kid to your very own like Little Rascals. Family fun movie nights can be educational too. Pop on Our Planet to learn about Earth’s natural beauty and examine how climate change impacts all living creatures.
- Keep it retro. See a retro-flick at Blue Starlite Drive-in in Round Rock from the safety and comfort of your own car!
- Putt-Putt Golf. What are fun family activities in the area you ask? Ask no further! Monster Mini-Golf offers fun for little (and big) monsters like Laser Mazes, Arcades, Virtual Reality, and Mini Golf.