July 1st is Creative Flavor Ice-Cream Day
Getting creative with your ice cream flavors on the 1st of July? What a great way to hang out with the kids and stay cool. This recipe is also nutritious and teaches the kiddos healthy alternatives to sweets.
July 1st is the day to test your taste buds. To venture beyond the vanilla or chocolate. Some creameries across the country get quite creative. Salted butter sweet corn, jalapeno strawberry and even pork-belly pecan. I chose something creative, yet healthy. No added sugar and unhealthy fats. And to answer your question, yes, it’s delicious. The Chefs at WilcoWellness tried this recipe out with the 5-year old’s in house, when asked if they liked it, they said no, WE LOVE IT!
Banana Split Ice-Cream
- 4 Bananas
- ¼ heaping cup of Cocoa Powder (70% or higher)
- 2 Heaping TBSP of Peanut Butter (any Nut Butter will do)
- ¼ to ½ cup of Milk (or Milk alternative)
- ¼ cup of pineapple (diced fresh or canned) drained
- 4 large strawberries cut into small pieces
- Nuts to taste. ( your choice )
- Place the frozen bananas, cocoa powder and peanut butter into your food processor or blender and pulse until the bananas are broken down. Add milk if needed.
- Blend the mixture on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until it is smooth.
- Place Ice Cream into a freezer safe bowl and fold in pineapple, strawberries and nuts.
- Eat right away and sprinkle a bit of the fruit and nuts on top or freeze for 2 hours so that It’s hard enough to scoop.
If serving more than 3, double the recipe.