Embrace a Simple Life Today
Have the courage to slow down and rest in commemoration of National Simplicity Day. Celebrated on July 12th, we honor American philosopher, Henry David Thoreau on this day who dedicated his life’s work to encourage others to live in a natural surrounding that yields simplicity in a busy era. Enjoy an inspirational video where Graham Hill, designer and writer, discusses why less stuff will equal more happiness by clicking here!
How to celebrate your new Simple Life?
- Learn more about Henry David Thoreau’s life and philosophy
- Learn the Japanese way of tidying up with Mari KonMari
- Donate items to assist families in need at the Caring Place in Georgetown, TX
- Designate a screen-free night and play cards or board games
- Join a Meet Up Yoga class in Pflugerville
- Enjoy simple things like quality time with your favorite pal
- Do nothing (which is more complicated than you may think)
- Say “no” to extra activities and get some “me time” at home